Stress and tiredness have become synonymous with what we call ‘life’. Right from the time you wake up to the time you hit the bed at night, you’re constantly running around in stress, anxiety, and hurriedness to finish tasks. And once those tasks are done, there’s a fresh set awaiting you the very next day. In short, it’s a vicious cycle we’re all trapped in day in and day out.
Panchakarma for Mind-Body Healing & Detoxification
To make things worse, all this stress gets accumulated in the body in the form of pains, aches, and spasms. The one-stop solution to this physical and mental torment lies in our very own ancient science of Ayurveda, which has earned worldwide acclaim for its amazing healing properties. Kerala is famous for traditional Ayurvedic treatments and a lot of Ayurvedic hospitals in Kerala offer authentic and natural Ayurvedic treatments and Panchakarma therapies to treat allergies, asthma, digestive disorders, chronic fatigue, infections, skin diseases and more.
What is Panchakarma?
Ayurveda Panchakarma treatment involves a set of five therapies Vamana, Virechana, Vasti, Nasya, and Rakthamoksha designed to cleanse the body of all unwanted toxins. It is the safest and one of the most effective treatment options. The science of Ayurveda works on the principle that cleansing and purifying the body is essential before starting any other therapy for treatment. Panchakarma helps achieve this through the following two therapies:
- Oleation – This stage involves the application of natural Ayurvedic oils all over your body. These oils are specially prepared using several ancient herbs and minerals. They effectively seep through deeper tissues, so that the medicinal ingredients in them reach every cell of the body and help release toxins in the cells.
- Fomentation –This Panchakarma therapy helps produce sweat. Sweat generation is absolutely essential for our body as it helps unblock all pores in the body by releasing a lot of undesired toxins stuck in them.
Oleation therapies are soon followed after by Fomentation. This is because the tissues that become soft with Oleation become more flexible after Fomentation. Toxins deep-rooted in the cells get released by Oleation, liquefy because of Fomentation and then get flushed out of the system.
After the application of these two therapies as part of the Ayurveda Panchakarma treatment, one is sure to feel extremely light, both physically and mentally.
Understanding the Benefits of Panchakarma
- Total body cleansing – Panchakarma is truly effective in ensuring complete clean-up of the body. Just like bathing every day is important to flush out dirt and grease stuck on the body, Panchakarma treatment in Trivandrum at periodic intervals from us is recommended to flush out all internal toxins.
- Opens up blocked channels – Our cells generally get blocked due to toxins and other unwanted foreign elements entering the body. It’s necessary to unblock these channels to ensure proper blood circulation, prevention of diseases, and good health. Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatments help achieve just that.
- Improving digestion –Panchakarma therapies help trigger the digestive fire in the body. For people suffering from long-term gastric troubles, irregular bowel movements, and poor metabolism, Panchakarma is a true blessing in disguise.
- Weight reduction –Panchakarmacan help you get back in shape as well. When your digestive and metabolic cycles come back into form, your body too would be restored to its natural and healthy weight.
- Tissue rejuvenation –Ayurvedic treatments are excellent at rejuvenating old cells and tissues that age or die out over time. The oils used in these therapies are highly effective at replenishing the system with newer and youthful tissues, which lend a glow to the skin and keep the body healthy and free of diseases.
- Immunity booster – Panchakarma is also great at boosting immunity, preventing frequent occurrence of diseases, reducing the possibility of catching common colds, etc. Overall, an excellent means to keep both body and mind hale, hearty, and healthy.
- Slow ageing – Not just your age but Panchakarma even has the potential to slow down numerous degenerative processes in the body. This is because it focuses on rejuvenation that involves natural and holistic body healing, thereby making it look young and healthy always.
- Mental clarity – Stress happens when we tend to get lost, confused or trapped in day-to-day issues. Ayurvedic therapies such as Panchakarma are greatly beneficial in lending immense clarity to our thought processes. This happens through the release of deeply embedded toxins in the system, which flushes out stress as well.
- Helps lower addictive tendencies –Panchakarma has been known to have amazing benefits for people highly dependent on tobacco, alcohol, narcotics, and other such unhealthy addictions. This is again related to the elimination of unwanted toxins, including stress and anxiety, which are important contributors to such tendencies.
- Encourages healthy eating and lifestyle – Ayurveda treatments aren’t focused on providing one-time body detox benefits only. They are designed to lend holistic growth and healing of both the body and mind. Our Panchakarma therapies can help change the way you eat, think, and live your life. When your body is cleared of unwanted elements inside out, you tend to eat healthy, think healthy, and live happy automatically!
Panchakarma treatment is slowly gaining immense popularity for its numerous benefits in improving holistic health. People are warming up to the idea of seeking the help of Panchakarma to become and stay healthy, both from inside as well as outside. If you too are one among these and wish to give Ayurveda a try to change your life forever, consult an expert Ayurvedic practitioner and act accordingly.
Share this post if you like it!