We all know Easter is about those damn chocolate eggs, but what if we told you that Remedy nutritionist Jacqueline Alwill specially whipped up this super-duper healthy and TASTY Easter Bread recipe just for you?
Created with carrot, sultanas, gluten-free flour, coconut sugar, and dark chocolate, this healthy vegetarian Easter Bunny Bread is actually delightfully tasty and we couldn’t help but share. 1 loaf can be cut into 8-10 slices, so it’s safe to say – there’s enough for the entire family.
While most of us will have these ingredients at the back of our pantries, for the ones who don’t, add the ingredients to your next week’s UBER shopping list so you don’t have to make a non-essential trip to the grocery store. Remember, this is the time to stay home, stay safe and get cooking!
lastly, if you’re interested in learning to cook more of nutritionist Jacqueline Alwill’s tasty recipes, then take a look here — rest assured, you’ll definitely find something that will suit your taste buds.
Healthy Easter Bunny Bread Recipe
Makes 1 loaf, serves 8-10
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or 1/3 maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup (75g) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) gluten-free flour or spelt flour (for those not gluten-free)
- 1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 170c and line a loaf tin (12x24cm) with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk together olive oil, coconut sugar, eggs, spices, baking powder, bicarbonate soda in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add dark chocolate, sultanas, gluten-free flour and grated carrot and mix to combine. Pour into lined loaf tin and place in the oven to cook for 45-55 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 20 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving!