Oh, hey, girl. Do you ever feel a lil’ confused on where exactly to touch, blow, and kiss your dude? We feel you. But don’t fret, we’re going to clue you in on a super important spot on his bod that you def shouldn’t be neglecting: his nipples.
Yes, just as they are a super-hot erogenous zone for you, the nipples work the same way for men too. And while male nipples are basically the same as female nipples, they might even be more sensitive than yours since guys aren’t used to having them touched so often.
One study actually found that 52 percent of men reported that nipple stimulation caused or enhanced their sexual arousal according to the US National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
“With males, the nipples serve no other function aside from being an erogenous zone. But everyone is different, and what might feel good to some might hurt, tickle, or irritate others,” says Carlos Cavazos, licensed professional counselor and certified sexologist.
“For many males, nipple play is required to achieve orgasm. For others, the pure act of nipple play can bring them to an earth-shattering climax,” he says.
So if you’re not sure how exactly to tease and touch those nipples of his, take some advice from some experts who know exactly how to turn you into a nipple-touching pro.
- “Straddle your partner and run your fingers through his chest area avoiding the nipples at first. Then, gently run your fingertips from the top of his chest toward the navel, making sure to come in contact with the nipples. As you continue, bring more attention to his nipples and see how he responds. You can then tease the nipples with a light blow to increase their sensitivity before you trace the outline of the nipple with your tongue. From then, feel free to explore with licking, sucking, biting, and so forth. Remember to start slow and build up. You want to build up anticipation, pleasure and comfort level.” —Cavazos.
- “Collect a variety of sensation toys like a feather, the back end of a spoon, ice, and oil. Keep them in a nice box so it’s sexy (not clinical!), and use your toys to try sucking, licking and maybe even nibbling with your teeth. Pinching is also a great feeling for some men.” —Coltrane Lord, sex and intimacy expert and author of The Kinky Vanilla Love Project: The Sexy Soulful Journey from Betrayal to Bliss.
- “It really varies by the man and his unique pleasure wiring. Some men seem to get pleasure from light touch and subtle sucking or flicking with the tongue. Others aren’t as sensitive and need more intense stimulation like pinching or harder sucking. If you’re interested in nipple stimulation with your dude, stoke his chest playfully and ask him if you can suck on his nipples. Communication is key!” —Jenn Gunsaullus, PhD, sex coach.
- “Rub them in a circular pattern or back and forth, or gently squeeze and pinch. Try licking his nipples with a flat ice cream cone licking tongue, and tease by licking across the whole chest and crossing the nipple as you go.” —Jill McDevitt, PhD, CalExotics’ resident sexologist.
- “After using your tongue and hands, you can even use toys like nipple clamps to increase the sensation in the nipple area. Try adding some ice to the mix to change the temperature, too.” —Megan Stubbs, sexologist.
- “To play with this area, start with light licking of the tongue and caressing with your finger. Ask your man if he wants more. If yes, you can move to light biting and scratching. If he wants more, pick up the intensity with some harder biting. If he likes a lot of hard stimulation, you can use nipple clamps or even play with hot wax. Make sure you are always checking in before moving forward!” —Jenni Skyler, PhD, certified sex therapist for AdamEve.com.